Far from France but not far from the traditions! These days have allowed me to celebrate Candlemas on several occasions. On Saturday, a post-doc IRES organizes an evening at home. As they are used, it is I who am a dessert. I do not know exactly how it will be so I went to make pancakes! Friday night, I left my kiki! I'm not a great stove but it does not matter! The kitchen was a battlefield ...
But my time the result is not so bad!
Saturday night party at Nima. I did not make an evening starting at 7pm! It is not possible to eat at this hour, so I arrived at 8pm! I was not alone in having cooked. Sharon had made cakes savory / sweet, Hank had brought pies he eats Chinese for the first year, Seb took care of drinks and Nima had cooked the main dish!
We ate and talked quietly when Nima receives a phone call: the boss! Nima invited him to come even if it starts to get late (21h! Lol) and then accepted the head! lol So here we are to make an evening with the chef! lol soon come, he will use in the kitchen!
And presto! on the couch with all the world! Note that it is
socks like everyone else!
socks like everyone else!
During dessert, the chef comes out: "While Benoit, it's where your cake?!" Sorry Boss, it's not a cake! Everyone loved the concept of pancakes but Me, I'll have them in the morning rather than yesterday. They were a bit dry. But hey, as they have never tasted, they do not know! ;-)
The next day, early afternoon, I promised Steve to go to the museum with him. It has long I have not seen (since Thanksgiving) and as he was not part of the new museum is the opportunity. Sunday + = new museum lot of people! 2h enjoyable but tiring! Back then to my apartment for 4 hours because I promised him ... pancakes! lol Time to make a small score and we go to dinner. Steve ate 15! lol I like to confirm the American pancakes!
Some people could not come at the party and they asked me what I was disappointed because they were able to enjoy my dessert. I promised them I remake pancakes! Monday 7:30 am to go again my stove to redo a score! Candlemas my period is over (almost because I remake next Saturday for the arrival of Elodie), I think this is the first time I ate so much! Perhaps even more than in France ... Straw!
0 comments:
Post a Comment